Now that we’ve been in the new campground a few days, I can safely say it’s definitely an improvement over the last one. Still a working campground (not a resort), nestled between the interstate and the train tracks, it’s not exactly quiet and the RV shakes every time the train whizzes past, the noise is “white noise” and not nearly as irritating as kids screaming or dogs barking. It’s also a lot more convenient to the grocery store, the nuclear plant, and we found a wonderful farmer’s market just a hop, skip and a jump away that’s open at one of the plantations on Saturdays.
On Saturday, we’re going to make a trip home to pick up our mail and have it forwarded again, since Jim hasn’t been turned loose yet from the project.
Yesterday I decided I was in the mood to do some sewing finally, but darned if I could get the little Featherweight to cooperate. No matter what I do the tension won’t hold… in other words it might start out fine but goes wonky mid seam, or it’s either too tight or too loose but won’t balance. I’ve wound a new bobbin, flossed the tension disks, cleaned under the bobbin tension finger… nada.
For someone who has sewn blissfully along for a number of years now, rarely having any tension issues and when I did, they were easily solved, I’m beginning to think perhaps this is a sign that my sewing days are numbered. I have had tension issues with every machine I own this year, and that’s a lot of machines! None of them want to cooperate.
Seems like forces at work to me!