I finished piecing the last (or so I thought) winding ways block this morning, and headed into my other sewing room to cut the remainders of the charm squares into two and a half-inch squares for the borders and the sashing squares.
Not really any surprise, but not a single one of the charm squares measure five inches in either direction, they’re each about one eighth of an inch shy, so there goes that plan! I can’t even get two full size patches out them, much less four.
So! I’d already cut the sashing strips, so I cut enough two and a half-inch squares of the same fabric to replace the colored ones, and I have enough charm squares to add two more blocks since I can’t use them for the borders, making it eight by two instead of six by two.
I don’t know if I have anything in my stash to add a border or not, so it may look just like this plus a binding. I don’t think I’ll ever make this block again! However I do want to try curved nine patch blocks, I think those are so cool looking!